Author Topic: Problem when scanning  (Read 547 times)

September 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM
Read 547 times

mgnelson88

• Information
    • View Profile
I am getting "The Student ID was not recognized from the quiz ticket. Please re-scan the quiz" quite frequently. Sometimes I am getting this and it isn't scoring the quiz and other times after rescanning it says the same message but the students score shows up in the background and it is in fact logging their score.

Any idea why this is happening so frequently?
Thanks

September 09, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
Reply #1

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Two things to consider:
1.  Lighting.   Try scanning in a different room or under different light.   This has worked for me in the past when I've had issues similar to yours.
2.  Filling in the bubbles.   If changing the lighting doesn't help try going over the bubbles with a black sharpie.  This has also helped me in the past.   

Let me know if this helped.   If not we can definitely troubleshoot some more.   Thanks for using QuickKey!

September 10, 2015, 05:10:48 AM
Reply #2

mgnelson88

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok I will try both of those.

Also another issue I am having. I make a quiz and make the key through your interface. I then go to scan the first students test and it doubles the amount of questions and duplicates answers. So if I had a 23 question quiz, it thinks it is 46 questions and numbers 24-46 are the same answers as 1-23 and counts questions 24-46 as wrong answers. I have to go in and make a copy of the quiz, go to advanced and remove all the duplicate questions and then it works fine.

September 10, 2015, 05:31:21 AM
Reply #3

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's one I've never come across.   Are you making the key on the mobile app or via the website?  If you're making the key on the website try making the key via the mobile app.  Personally I prefer keying quizzes on the mobile app. 

If you're already keying the quiz on the mobile app send in a support ticket and hopefully they can figure out what's going on. 

September 24, 2015, 09:42:40 AM
Reply #4

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Did you get things working as needed?