Author Topic: Free Response Questions  (Read 1157 times)

April 12, 2014, 04:56:33 AM
Read 1157 times

jordanbudi

• Information
  • Production Testers
    • View Profile
Have an option to build/generate a quick ticket with free response questions. Next to the free response answer have a blank bubble. Prior to scanning, if the teacher grades the free response as wrong, the teacher fills in the bubble. No the QuickKey app will be able to grade free response answers :)

April 15, 2014, 10:12:59 AM
Reply #1

brianwass

• Information
    • View Profile
That is a really good idea. I added some questions to the back of the quickticket to extend the form beyond 30 questions. It did create a bit of an issue for me come scanning time though.

April 15, 2014, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #2

Thomas

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Have an option to build/generate a quick ticket with free response questions. Next to the free response answer have a blank bubble. Prior to scanning, if the teacher grades the free response as wrong, the teacher fills in the bubble. No the QuickKey app will be able to grade free response answers :)

I think this is a great idea that should be developed further, my suggestion would be to have a scale however. I think many teachers would want a free or written response to potentially be worth more than a single mark, or at least have the option. Perhaps a five point scale?

•   [1]  [2]  [3]  [4]  [5]

I think something like this would be best developed alongside a customizable ticket so the teacher could choose what they need per sheet?

What do you folks think?

April 17, 2014, 01:21:07 PM
Reply #3

rcambridge

• Information
    • View Profile
I like the idea of a customisable ticket.  The free response option would need to be up to 6 marks for the exam I do at the moment, but it may vary for other subjects and exams.

Free response would obviously slow down the scanning process, but would allow for more differentiation of answers to test items.
Follow me on Twitter @rcambridgeuk

April 22, 2014, 01:10:17 PM
Reply #4

Cameron

• Information
    • View Profile
Customizable tickets :D ...all I can say is, stay tuned...
~ Cameron

October 16, 2014, 11:49:02 AM
Reply #5

juliofoz

• Information
    • View Profile
I agree with this idea. Just in case to confirm I got it right, this would allow students to answer any letter, and quickkey app would scan and show the results, only wouldn't grade or check if it's correct, since there's no correct answer.
This would be great for opinion questions.

October 22, 2014, 08:00:54 AM
Reply #6

Kbain

• Information
    • View Profile
I love this idea. It is a "Must have" with this application to be used for majority of the assessments I've already created.

Looking forward to seeing a solution for this problem soon.

Cheers!

April 08, 2016, 07:33:54 AM
Reply #7

Mrhistory

• Information
    • View Profile
I do a lot of short response, 4 or 5 point value responses. I like quickkey a lot but I can't jump on board until I can do have my kids write their response and I bubble in the point values they earned (i.e - a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4, e=5).

This would be a hot steaming cup of awesome if you added this feature.

Regards