Author Topic: Student Results Screen  (Read 1280 times)

October 20, 2014, 09:19:36 AM
Read 1280 times

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Quick Key Co-Founder and CEO
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • Teachermade is best for teachers!
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Hi All,

Your feedback on the prior question was very valuable and I will be updating you all on that one. Here, I have a new screen and similar questions:

(click on the image to see a bigger view of it)

This is a mockup of the student results screen. Right now the equivalent screen is the one with all the red bars. I really liked that screen but our designer has a new concept. I am worried this design doesn't pack enough results on one page. Knowing that with all these designs, you will be able to swipe any row to reveal details about that row (a student, a quiz question, etc...) do you like seeing all this detail for each result, or would you rather see a more compact view like the one we have in the current app? Other feedback welcome, of course.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:02:49 AM by Isaac.QK.CEO »
Thank you for playing a part in the teachermade revolution! The best software for teachers is software that is teachermade!

October 20, 2014, 09:42:13 AM
Reply #1

afagan

• Information
    • View Profile
I would rather see the student's correct/out of possible instead of the average score. I do like the graph and the idea of having more right there on one screen at a quick glance.  It was quit tedious to go into each student to get the correct answers I also like to see if they have any blank questions in case they made an error. Especially with an exam!
If the score under the graph was each students correct/possible points and percent that would be awesome!

October 20, 2014, 01:12:37 PM
Reply #2

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Thanks that is very helpful!! So we could add a quick note if they have any blanks. But when you are scanning don't you also see if there are blanks in the scan, and then get a chance to re-scan? Does this not really work in practice?

Apple is reviewing our new scanner so there should be far fewer blanks once the new app is approved and you can update to that new scanner.

-isaac
Thank you for playing a part in the teachermade revolution! The best software for teachers is software that is teachermade!

October 20, 2014, 07:40:14 PM
Reply #3

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I agree with afagan.   I like having something come up right away about questions left blank.  I've had it a few times where students just forget to fill in the dot.  I generally scan without previewing the ticket.  I only look closer if the scan fails or something looks weird with the numbers.   

October 21, 2014, 07:49:47 AM
Reply #4

NachoTX

• Information
    • View Profile
Feels like a repeat but I agree. I would rather know which ones they got right, and which they got wrong or left blank, along with their score rather than have to go into their class, etc.

October 21, 2014, 11:09:14 AM
Reply #5

jcullenathhs

• Information
    • View Profile
Ditto previous comments...What I really need to know after scanning is

1- What is their score ( x out of y) and
2- Which question(s) did they answer incorrectly ( I mark on their ticket so they know)

While on the topic of workflow, when a ticket scans with a blank, rather than delete and rescan (never works), whatever the problem was is still a problem - it would be helpful to have the option to edit/make a change to an existing ticket that starts with all the data that was already captured. It's much faster to change one answer from blank to answered, as opposed to manual entry, pick student, say yes to overwrite, and then enter all of the answers inc;luding the one that was blank

October 21, 2014, 01:42:01 PM
Reply #6

juliofoz

• Information
    • View Profile
I agree with Afagan.

I would rather see the student's correct/out of possible instead of the average score. I do like the graph and the idea of having more right there on one screen at a quick glance.  It was quit tedious to go into each student to get the correct answers I also like to see if they have any blank questions in case they made an error. Especially with an exam!
If the score under the graph was each students correct/possible points and percent that would be awesome!

October 22, 2014, 08:01:38 AM
Reply #7

Thomas

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Also a fan of this suggestion. I don't have an LMS that I can import/export results from so this would make entering marks into the computer very fast indeed. QuickTM even. ;D

October 22, 2014, 08:02:18 AM
Reply #8

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Wow! This is great having the same opinion from everybody. That means we can make this feature exactly the way you asked. We will do it and re-submit a new mockup.

Thank you again !!

October 22, 2014, 08:08:41 AM
Reply #9

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Haha very funny Thomas!

October 23, 2014, 05:56:02 AM
Reply #10

robertchaney

• Information
  • Beta Testers
    • View Profile
Hi.
My issues are:
- There is a lot of waste/blank space. The bar looks pretty but takes up too much space. Put the bar to the right of the student name. There are not enough names visible: need more than 3.

- Giving the student result as a bar, and the average as a %age, is unhelpful. One needs to compare like with like. What about a red line within the bar to show where the average is, and also, two more bars to show the min and max scores?

- I am still confused as to what the rosette, the 5 and the 2 actually mean.

- Blanks need to be highlighted. Sometimes the scanning process goes too quickly, and unless one has lightning reactions, it is not always possible to adequately deal with blanks.
One comment (by Isaac I think) about the blanks assumes that the students are intelligent/organised enough to fill in any blank, with a random response if necessary.