Author Topic: Archiving Old Quizzes/Organizing Quizzes  (Read 1019 times)

April 21, 2014, 12:01:21 PM
Read 1019 times

Aaron Sweet

• Information
    • View Profile
When the school year is over I'd like it to be possible to keep my old quizzes but archive them in a folder. So when I start the new school year I don't see a huge list of quizzes from the previous year. I would still like to access the old quizzes just in case I want to use them with my new classes. There would need to be a new option to link an old quiz with a new class (especially if I have a class called Period 2 from the previous year and a new class called Period 2 from the new year).

Having the ability to just organize the quizzes would be nice too. We could organize them by marking period or class, it would make it easier to look at rather than a large list of quizzes.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:14:54 PM by Aaron Sweet »

April 22, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
Reply #1

Cameron

• Information
    • View Profile
 This is something we initially planned to build into the first version of the app, however it didn't end up making the cut.
If you've been using the app for a while you might remember a mysterious "inactive" option on the iPhone app that didn't do anything and disappeared a few updates ago.
We do plan on including this feature in a future release, but I can't give you an exact timeline at this time. :(
~ Cameron

April 28, 2014, 04:33:14 PM
Reply #2

Paul

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Aaron,

We really appreciate your suggestion.  Everyone on our development team agreed that it would be great to archive old quizzes and then be able to bring them back to reuse for a course.  So we built the feature and our beta testers are trying out the new feature now, thanks to your suggestion.  Here's a screenshot of the new interface for the listing of quizzes with the archiving functionality:

We'd love to get your feedback before we release this new feature into the production website.  If you'd like, you can sign up to become a beta tester here: https://quickkeyapp.com/pages/tester_signup

Thanks again for your suggestion, you're helping Quick Key become a better service for teachers!

Best,

Paul
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:35:11 PM by Paul »
Paul
---
member of the Quick Key development team

May 08, 2014, 11:57:04 AM
Reply #3

Aaron Sweet

• Information
    • View Profile
I would love to be a beta tester. I think I signed up as soon as it was added to the website and I did get a response back and I was told I was early in the process of beta testing. Is my info still on file and can I still be a beta tester? Thanks!  :)

May 08, 2014, 12:06:57 PM
Reply #4

Thomas

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Aaron,

You were emailed, it must have ended up in the Junk/Spam folder. Sorry about that, expect to hear from me shortly.

Thomas

June 05, 2014, 11:40:08 AM
Reply #5

Cameron

• Information
    • View Profile
Aaron,
I'm excited to say that the initial implementation of this feature will be live on the site in a few short hours!
Also, did you ever get added to our beta testing team?
If not, let me know and I will make sure we get that done!

~ Cam
~ Cameron

October 14, 2014, 10:07:37 AM
Reply #6

Chris Beales

• Information
  • Production Testers
    • View Profile
I just used the archive feature and had a problem with the test.  When I un-archived the test, I needed to change the name and edit the test build from 30 to 20 questions.  I did this but I could not then save the edited test.  In the end, I gave up and created a new version of it.