Author Topic: Student ID codes getting mixed up  (Read 766 times)

February 17, 2015, 10:46:31 AM
Read 766 times

MrMathieu

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm currently having some frustrating experiences. Create a quiz, created new students/classes for this semester. However, when marking i've having the app tell me that the Student id isn't recognized. If I try to re scan the app says the same thing however in the background I see the proper name and that the mark has been scanned and updated.

I'm also having an issue where i'll scan one student and it's coming up as another even though the id codes are different and filled in correctly.

February 17, 2015, 10:52:11 AM
Reply #1

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Check to see if your data is the same on your device and online.  Are the ID codes similar?   Let me know if this helps at all.   Thanks for using QuickKey!

March 02, 2015, 09:10:20 AM
Reply #2

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Quick Key Co-Founder and CEO
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • Teachermade is best for teachers!
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Mr. Mathieu,

Have you had any luck with the student ID issue?
Thank you for playing a part in the teachermade revolution! The best software for teachers is software that is teachermade!

March 15, 2015, 12:49:42 PM
Reply #3

linwinfree

• Information
    • View Profile
I am currently having the same issue. I have double-checked my data. It appears that where the mix-up occurs, student numbers are similar 0303 is being read as 0300, etc. I've checked that kids have bubbled their numbers correctly. I've held off scanning this unit test for two days now, trying to find a fix. Any assistance is appreciated!

March 17, 2015, 09:15:50 AM
Reply #4

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Does it help to darken the circles with a sharpie?   I know pencil leads can produce a glare that can mess with the scanner depending on the lighting.   

March 19, 2015, 09:14:43 AM
Reply #5

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Quick Key Co-Founder and CEO
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • Teachermade is best for teachers!
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
Yes that's right: if the IDs are not being scanned properly it is most likely due to lighting. Mobile scanning is not like scanning in a machine. Glare from light above can reflect off of the pencil mark and make it appear silver or white, and the scanner will have trouble recognizing it.

It's easy to see whether a bubble will be recognized by the scanner during scanning. Just look at the bubble sheet through the viewfinder (the screen) and see whether the bubbles appear to be black or grey/silver/white. If they don't appear black, the scanner won't see them.

Usually, all it takes is moving away from overhead light, or moving your body or the sheet so that light from above is not glaring down directly on the sheet.

For most people, it takes 5 successful scans before they have no trouble getting 100% accuracy, all the time. So please just practice a little more, look at what the answer sheet looks like on the screen while you are scanning, make sure every mark appears black, and you'll be good to go!

And if you still have trouble, please submit a support ticket through the support tab in the mobile app or web app, and request a live scanning tutorial. We will help you out!

Thanks
-isaac
Thank you for playing a part in the teachermade revolution! The best software for teachers is software that is teachermade!