Author Topic: Quiz Retake  (Read 870 times)

October 03, 2014, 10:27:15 AM
Read 870 times

inglush_teechre

• Information
    • View Profile

Is there some sort of default setting that I can change to allow a rescan as a retake of a quiz.  Here's a scenario: Students take a quiz.  If they don't get an 80% or higher, I send them back to their desk to retake it, this time using their notes.  When they come back up to me, I want to be able to scan it again and have Quickkey log what their second score (in addition to saving their first score).  This way, I can then go back and see what mistakes they made the first time, and then identify where their notes actually helped them. 

As it is now, I scan it again and it says something about "This student has already been scanned".  I have to then delete their first quiz score to scan it again. 

October 03, 2014, 10:47:20 AM
Reply #1

Walter Duncan

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Walter Duncan, the teacher co-creator of Quick Key
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
This is a great feature request, we will look into it!

Best,
Walter
Go to http://www.quickkeyapp.com to download the free Quick Key Mobile™ app from iTunes

December 09, 2014, 05:47:54 AM
Reply #2

erbster

• Information
    • View Profile
This app was a hit with my students, they like the instant feedback.

As the OP asked, how do I delete results for a group so I can run the test again with the same group?

I am finding the app not obvious how to use and am struggling to see any instructions- great potential, but I can' work everything out.

Appreciate a response as my students have done a test and want to know their results; I thought of just deleting the students and re-adding them, but they'll have different IDs then.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense.

December 10, 2014, 02:11:37 PM
Reply #3

keithv

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The only way to do this as far as I know is create another quiz with the same answer key. 

March 02, 2015, 10:13:51 AM
Reply #4

Isaac.QK.CEO

• Quick Key Co-Founder and CEO
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • Teachermade is best for teachers!
    • View Profile
    • Quick Key
That's right, you would want to create a new Quiz and have them take that new one. This is very easy to do:

1. In the Quizzes page on the WEB APP (www.quickkeyapp.com) find the original quiz you want them to re-take
2. Click "copy" to make a copy of the quiz. You will be prompted to name the copy. Name it "-quiz name- RETAKE" or something similar
3. once the students have retaken the quiz using their notes, scan this new Quiz, and compare the results to the old quiz by doing an export (in the Reports tab) of both the original quiz and the new quiz. You can then compare the results in Excel.
Thank you for playing a part in the teachermade revolution! The best software for teachers is software that is teachermade!