Author Topic: Standards Aligned Reporting  (Read 548 times)

April 12, 2014, 05:05:26 AM
Read 548 times

jordanbudi

• Information
  • Production Testers
    • View Profile
When creating the anwer key for a Quiz or test it would be great to include information that ties a question to a specific benchmark/standard. That way if I give a quiz or test that covers multiple skills I can then run a report to see exactly what my kids know or don't know. If a kid gets 60% on a test, that only tells me so much. Its much more valuable to know that he/she got 90% of the Solving Proportion questions correct, 20% of the Solving Literal Equations questions, and 70% of the Generating Equations questions.

It's even more valuable for a kid to know that "Yeah you got a D on the test, but you know 90% of Proportions! You kind of get the generating equations part so lets practice re-reading problems and underlining important information. And if we just focus really hard on that last benchamrk we can bring your grade up a lot. And even if you can only get 50% of the literal equation questions after studying that at least brings your test grades up to a C."

April 15, 2014, 10:13:42 AM
Reply #1

brianwass

• Information
    • View Profile
This is a fantastic idea. Especially for us data lovers.

April 22, 2014, 12:51:07 PM
Reply #2

Cameron

• Information
    • View Profile
This is a good idea, I'll bring this up with the team and see what we might be able to do to address it!
Thanks for your feedback!
~ Cameron